Hawaiian values with counterparts in Western culture are emphasized wherever possible. These values include...
- Kupono: Honesty, fairness, decency, righteousness.
- Aloha: Non-judgmental attitudes & love toward one another.
- Aka`aka: Laugh and have good fun.
- Lokahi: Working together, unity.
- Ho`ihi: Respect (for community, the sea, self, others)
- Akua: God.
- Ha`aha`a: Humility in everyday workings with others, modesty.
- Kuleana: Responsibility for one's actions.
- Kokua: Helping others in need with no strings attached.
- Na`auao: Knowledge, learning, wisdom.
- Ha`aheo: Pride in doing a good job.
- Malama: Taking care to do what is right. Taking care of facilities, equipment, each other, self.
Lokahi in Action: Working Together